The Rising of The Ghost

"Got a one-way ticket to the promised land"



"We went walking in the rain, talking about the pain that from the world we hid,
Now there ain't nobody, nowhere, nohow 
Gonna ever understand me the way you did.
Maybe you'll be out there on that road, 
Somewhere in some bus or train, traveling along,
In some motel room, there'll be a radio playing and you'll hear me sing this song.
Well, if you do, you'll know I'm thinking of you and all the miles in between,
And I'm just calling you one last time, not to change your mind,
But just to say I miss you, baby, good luck, goodbye."

















"Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free, 

Look in their eyes Mom, you'll see me."


3 comments:

  1. "Jesus, send some good women to save all your clowns."

    ReplyDelete
  2. the previous comment is a quote from the 1973 Bruce Springsteen song 'Wild Billy's circus story'

    ReplyDelete
  3. the opening and closing quotes of this post are words from the 1995 Bruce Springsteen song 'The ghost of Tom Joad'
    the long quote under the second picture is from his 1984 song 'Bobby Jean'

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.